Sunday, January 16, 2011

Peace

The entertainment
We saw with our own eyes
They said blush
Calling a name existing only in the mind
Oh where do I draw
The lines between myself
And everything else

A question easier to answer
When your mind
Doesn't die in weakness

While some die
In the faces of the familiar
Other's choose and perhaps
Suffer in the strange

The bliss
Found in so many days
Teaches

And we still unwind
Our fate, like twine
Coming together
And separating

It's like the blood
Shed for a cause
Except without the cause
Don't say
It's called history
Cause some of us
Haven't even begun to feel the peace
I saw it in a dream
That this was real
It came upon me
And smothered my everything
Peace not as the sleeping
Hear themselves in joy
Peace as the stranger
Finds home
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment