Sunday, October 3, 2010

Of Our Own Device

Of our own device
I see death between
Sheltered palms
Sheltered from the storm of life
In the pleasant
Things they've found along the way

Dead of our own device
I can see
The ego
Dissassemble
In its place
Holy smoke
The fire coming from above
And all the heavens
Of the truth
Couldn't stop
The downfall
Of wasted time
It's nothing without you here
Without a soul to color the abyss
It exists not
And without the ego
Justifications
Of comfort
I feel the strength
In my chest
My heart

And now I'm falling down
We wonder when it's gonna come around
There's so much to hold an opinion about
But none of it will save your soul

One day we will see past
The passions of our own choices
You may remember why
From time to time
It's not the same
Filled with the weakness of our vice
Which is seen not
In the comfort so afraid
So afforded
By the ignorance
The darkness
These worldly things
Attract my vice

An enticement of sorts
Giving in to the spirit
Brings me relief
I can feel the love
In my chest
Makes me feel
More than just a wish

It was given to me
A way past this vice
The tragedy of lost time
A picture of our device
Is worth a million words
Well then I say
Look inside

And the great sky will open to you
Not the one above your head
The sky of the world of man
The sky I speak of
Has no clouds
No need of the silver lining
It's pure
Seen by those
Who aren't afraid
Of the world

It's all light
Duality only exists
Where there's a price
To be paid by our minds
The ups and downs

I thought I lost
My device
In the sparkle
Of the world
Back again
It never ends

I would embrace
The answer to this
And of course it comes
But I speak no more
Given into silence
In place of judgment

No comments:

Post a Comment