Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Praises

A vain enjoyment
Takes me to bed again
I'm sorry
The world goes on

Oh how we praise
The sinless
With our hearts
As our minds
Dwell on ourselves
And our hands light
The world
With compassion

I can feel it coming around
Passing by
My vanity
The things I've clung to
Have become weights
And how they weigh me down

I begin to grasp
Again onto myself
Becoming as a weight
To my own soul
What a burden

I can't help but look for something
To spice this up
Cause the familiar flavor
Excites me not

A selfless sword
The word of god
The only thing
Worth clinging to
In this ocean of the seeds of man
The seeds of doubt
Growing plants of disbelief

Somehow I turned it around
Just don't ask me how
The secret is in the transmission
Faith's conquest over green shrubs
Of disbelief
Grown with the water of the discontent
Forever green
With envy

Was I put here to just consume
I ask
As I smoke a cigarette
Iv'e seen too much
To not ask why
Still amazed with the outcome
But it's for me to experience
Not to be separated from
May my heart sing the praises of heaven
And my soul revel in the absence of doubt
Cause with these eyes
I see a hangover
Taking thousands of years
Pulling us back and forth
Through time
Wondering
And wishing
For those times we held so close
Sad when we realize
They are never coming back
Happy when it comes around again
So be it as it may
I will remain
Until again I am called
In service of the divine
Hoping my praises were heard
That heaven may prevent me serving
Anything
Else

No comments:

Post a Comment