Saturday, October 30, 2010

Wonder Why: Familiarity

A stroke of familiarity
With heavens brush
I lose myself in the crowd
Nothing special
I saw the waste
In our souls
As our guts regurgitate
Apologies
A sweet melody
Of deceit
Trading today
For tomorrow
And as I look inside them
There exists
A stroke of familiarity
As if a painting of heaven
Spoke to me
In volumes of intuition
Similar to the inspiration
Similar
And if I look close enough
The familiarity begins again
As if I couldn't get enough
The first time around
So I let heaven
Paint the picture
With whatever brush
Is preferred
Life is a high stakes game
To some
As others are too frail
To play with anything
But our hearts
Chasing afterthe skies
Seen on sunny days
Repeating the message
As i regurgitate
The sweet melody
Received in honesty
The honesty
Not to be traded away
Even if we are in agony
For we rest in each other
Let this rest continue
Begettiing hope
And perhaps: Surrender
And embrace the dieing day
We stop and listen
To the words
And whats below
Wondering
Which is more important
You were in a special place to me
A place reserved
Out of trust
A trust that exists no more
And in my reserve
I separate my love
And find myself
In the sweet nothingness
Of mankind
What am I?
Is a phrase we ask ourselves
When the daylight
Is separated from the sunny day
Then we wonder why
The question persisting
Till we get what we wanted
Then the questions disappear
To reappear
Another day
It sounds sincere
And perhaps beautiful
To wonder why
When we deserve the world
To wonder why
When the picture is complete
For all we can see
For all we can doubt
Is just the image
Of the divine

No comments:

Post a Comment