Sunday, November 7, 2010

Letting Go

False like a ghost
A ghost whispering
Your destiny
I feel it
And I took it
For granted
The ghost whispers
But I don't hear it
Intent on my day
On what seems real to me
I say the ghost is false
The ghost of another day
Calling my name
And making me wonder
What could of been
I didn't choose my destiny
But I chose
What does it mean
To choose an ending
To something
You love
Because god told you so
Letting go
Was never meant to last forever
But when it comes back
What will you say
That it's the ghost of another day
Strength in my chest
I grow older
And my smile shines
What I chose
What am I missing
I ask myself
I don't miss you
So I don't say a thing
False I try not
And I don't know
My destiny
But what I know
Is I shouldn't give in
To the false
Urge to make this easy on myself
It would be so easy wouldn't it
And leave me empty
Another filled lost soul
With vengeance in my mind
My wits no longer form sentences
Starting to shine like my smile
Shine like an empty ocean
With a drop left
Reflecting the sun
While the shadow
Of other days
Creeps in
Bringing us back
To the times when
The ocean was full
And we were empty
Looking for a way to be
Ourselves
Now the ocean is empty
And that one last drop calls my name
And makes me wonder
While it reflects my world
That's my world
May the ghost that whispers
The mystery of your past
The mystery of your doubt
The mystery of your destiny
Be well received
I called mine false
For too long
Ignoring when I fell
Looking up to the sky
When I got up
It always fall apart
Before it comes together
Again
And if that's a mystery
Welcome back
To the ghost

No comments:

Post a Comment