Saturday, November 13, 2010

Kingdoms of Roads

Keep to your choices
Those are the choices you made
Made you what you became
And trying to change the past
Never happened
Like the unicorn
Maybe in another place
Separated
But we don't speak
Of the separated
The union of what we want
And what we are
I can see the beauty of the world
It dribbles down
From above
The hope that despite the warning
Of hasty beginnings
I won't try to change the past
Say this that I did was bad
I'll keep to my choices
And defend the future
From becoming
Another part of the illusion
And not turn on myself
In service of a sympathy
Fueled by dissatisfaction
Please be pleased
Make my life
The cloud that parts
The skies of man
Fit for falling
Down over yourself
To pander the illusion
Of wasted time
Because I was well intentioned
And will be judged perfectly
By my maker
My cause was just
Better to do the wrong thing
For the right reasons
Than the opposite
Doing the right thing
For the wrong reasons
Yes that's a warning
For those
Who are taken
By the aesthetics
Of violence
The cause of blood
And turn their face towards the other
Full of lust
Lust for another time
Lust for what they they thought they had become
Look for what surrounds you
Finding release
In the surrounding
Everything
Strength is taught
Strength isn't bought
With opinions
The wind moves the sky
Like power moves the tide
Of mankind
Coalescing
Collecting
In pools of cities
And kingdoms of roads
Moving again
Until the last thing
We do
And then we move
In a completely new direction
A direction I pause at
And wonder
I gave myself for a cause
Unknown
And should I die
Know that it wasn't a mistake

No comments:

Post a Comment