Saturday, September 25, 2010

Don't Wonder

Pouring down the sides
Of a cup
Called
Visceral emotion
Beneath the fire
We live for the next breath
As if living wasn't enough

Beneath the fire
Sings the air
Another song
For all of us

I took what I love
Far enough
To let it go
Had enough
Seen the shadow
Of my blessings
Upon my brow

My family
My blood
My life
It just goes to show
What your thinking of

Where could you lose
The lost become safe
With grace
Safe in their redemption
Just takes some time
To see the ending
No need to rewind

So take your time
The ending is always surreal
When you can hear the sound
Of the ambush of our minds
By the things that make us wonder
How's it going to come around

Wake up and smell
The dieing flowers
Dieing to find a way out
Disgrace
My sins are burning away
And all I can think of
Is being saved
It fills you up
Better than the cup
Of visceral emotion
I'm sorry it'll never last
Just another feeling
In your mind
You've felt them before
They go away with time

Safe in the question
What do you do with your time
Don't wonder
Don't wish
It's not quite time
That's why

No comments:

Post a Comment