Thursday, September 16, 2010

I Pray, Shatter me

Persist
Bearing the burden
Your life wasn't made for you
Your action is required
I know why you did it
Because it felt good
Shatter me
It felt good
So I did it
But now I see
What's not to be
Shatter me
I clung to what I felt
Because it felt good
Your life wasn't made for you
I will bear everything
For my maker
And only for that
Try to persuade me
I said try
Because everything is not as it should
Your action is required
And if you fail
You will return
So shatter me
My god
I wish to be shattered
So I can receive the instruction
Do not be led
By what's in the the back of your head
The guidance is real
Shattered I see the instruction
Doubt is a disease
It used to serve my pleasure
But I've received the instruction
Seen what's important
And it shattered me
And I'm glad
Know that it's true
When you couldn't be more faithful
When your grateful
For this chance to suffer
For a cause
To know I'm real
Your keeping it
In the back of your head
But I say persist
I can feel myself cling
To the pleasant
Which is why I look up
And pray
Shatter me
To persist
And when the angel of death
Is staring you in the face
Know that you will feel the fear
Unless you live to bear your burden
And not for the pleasantries around
I feel the fear
I know it's real
Because I've lived for myself
Pitted myself
Against the all knowing
Your trial
Your tribulation
Your choice

And when the angel of death
Looks you in the eyes
Prepared to carry you effortless
Those who know they are real
Will be without fear

And I know what your thinking
That your god does not want you to suffer
You will be rewarded
With a reward beyond measure

But the only thing that can kill your fear
Bring you to paradise
Is to pass through this place
Of measure
And bounds

This place of warning
Of pleasure
And pain

It's for you to pass through
Instruction
Is enough
How will you know it's real

The instruction
Is enough

No comments:

Post a Comment