Sunday, March 20, 2011

Our Cause

Well hello freedom,

I say hello, and as I sigh
I persist, rather than say
goodbye

To find compassion
I began in start
Knowing perhaps?

 What follows
Depends on where it came from
To me

But then again
To analyze would be perhaps
to discover
in earnest
not to decide
the fate
of another person
or change their mind

So I discover
No reason for vindictiveness
No reason to justify
My hand in the
beast of greed
sensuality
for I have been involved
and to say otherwise
would be dishonest to myself
the reason being
wishful thinking
a weakness
that for which our god
puts us in illusion
some of us
treading on others
feet
all for a reason,
or rather a justification
What was the reason?
other have given up reason
for the sensual gains
of this flesh
for which they will be devoured in turn
by their own karma

So a reason besides compassion
is a reason at all?

Wholeness from the beauty
Yes I sat there
feeling cosmic bliss
and I felt your
innerness
and while I may have been
undistracted in my bliss
I cared

The reason is intent
and the discovery of this
a genuine right
without an equality of people
where is your mind
lost to the divine moment
given to us
together we exist
and separate we think
ourselves
to dwell

thinking of oneself to be
is to be thinking
in the moment of wonder
of gods glory
we think to dwell in separation?

and our voices give so many
excuses
strength and virtue
our cause
because those who fall away
have simply forgotten the cause
and if even for a brief moment I do
forgive me
my sanity
in the hands of forgiveness
and in my heart
of acceptance

promise me
and follow through
and not just because I want you to
there's a deeper reason
life, god, law, truth
for that only to please others
is a worldy need for affection
one in which our culture is steeped
in carnality
one for which I forgive
for it is of commiseration
that we give each other
weakness
forgive me for my past transgressions
for I am forever yours

  freedom
I cherish this peace
and in following compassion
finally nothing to prove

No comments:

Post a Comment