Monday, May 16, 2011

Entreat

And we hold on
So as to not fade away
Without a message
What is a messenger?
It's so the emptiness
Doesn't take you away
Cause god gave me a heart
That can't be broken
And can't be taken away
By the ways
Of man

And as to keep
My sanity
I fill my head
With the words of our father

As heaven rejoices
Another sinner is saved
The peacemakers
Shall be given the kingdom
And everything
Is under the throne
Of the son
Of man

Pity to the unfortunate
Finding fortune in the temporary
Mercy to those playing with the darkness
Entreated by the light
To surrender
And gain the glory
Of our father

And similarly I entreat you
My brother
My sister
To forgive me
And remain with me
In Christ

Because once we admit
The desire to repent
We watch the glory of heaven
Unfold

And I'm not running
Away from the rapture
It wasn't given to us as a burden
Rather what it should be
What it is
Receiving my instructions
I will pause only to deliver them

With the entrance of the holy fire
Into our bodies
The deceit
Leaves us
And we are forever his
In spirit
In grace

Supplication to the spirit
Brings remorse
I'd choose remorse
Any day
Over the repitition
Of this selfish desire

Don't justify it my friend
And in this grace
We will be saved

Finding strength in the spirit
Without detraction
I feel apprehension towards
The wrath of our creator
To defy this naiveness which
Brought us to this
Situation

You see our creator's jealousy
Extinguishes
The fires of our distaste
And his wrath
Releases us from repeating our mistakes

Created to be in grace
Not to defile the spirit of his creation
So I accept the atonement that was the lamb
And pass the test

No comments:

Post a Comment