Monday, May 9, 2011

Wisdom of Reconciliation

This city burns in my blood
And I see through the seeming
Chaos
What's the point
Of living
Without the spirit
And the things I've heard
Shouldn't bother me
To speak
Another word
To you
Tell you how I feel

I should have reconciled myself
With you before
These words crowded my brain
And myself intwined in self-opinion
The space feels
Like its running out

To reconcile is to lose the ignorance
So I make a list
Of everything I can ask
To be forgiven of
And begin to go through
I confess
To that which I trust
And lose that which I do not want

The spirit brings me forward
And I ask
For deliverance
It seems my prayers were answered
But I'm short of breath
And my plans ran out

This city burns through my
Lack of opinion
Here and there
Is safety
I'll construct
Another goal
After this one
Worse to not even try
Than to fail the test

I want to find
The rhythm
Where it just flows
And you know what I mean
But these goals are not meant to be easy
These goals I construct
In my opinion relaxed
The desire is more pure
When you accept yourself
Cause God isn't here to give me a way out
Rather to feel the truth
To receive the gift of the spirit

The strength
I gained
Made me happy
To be
In your company
Call it easy
Call it anything

The understanding
I constructed my life around
Was an infringment
On the father
Hallow be his name
And I rejoice
In letting it
Go

Purity not vice
Pulls me in
To my next choice
To rely on strength
Gives me a voice
Of reconciliation
Of this past debt
 And I hope I use it well
To clear this face
To ease your burden
Brought in silence of cooperation
To the wisdom that needs no explanation
To the thought of cherishing creation
I was put here
To delight in this creation
To create
Away from the darkness
And my disobedience
Destroyed my intention
With purity
It is regained
And felt

My intent found
I step carefully
Into the situation
Where I failed before
I see this failure as an attempt
And am reconciled to myself
A step closer
To grace

Giving mercy to all
Not just your friends
I don't want to justify a thing
Except through my faith in him
When I realized
The bones
Of the justification
Of anything
 It set me free

Now these worries which crowd my brain
Make me seek the rhythm
Of catharsis
Of my destiny
To be truth is to not fool oneself
And in the search
Betray
I seek not to justify
My trespass
Rather to reconcile my heart
So we can rest in peace
And the rhythm
Takes me again
Like a mother hen
And it's chick
Taken under it's wing

The assault on human dignity
That my ignorance was
Realized as an obstacle
Overcome as an advantage
And the past bereavment for the fallen
Mourning I gain comfort
Fallen I find myself
And hoping
I trust



No comments:

Post a Comment