Thursday, August 5, 2010

Inevitable

You can't expect the world
giving nothing in return

As my selfish sin
is blotted out

The divine
inexpressible
name
blotting out my sin

Selfishness
with sugar on top
is a cake
that goes down softer
without the malice

It wasn't the worst
I saw you
for what you were

So far gone
our ecstasy
misbegotten
trials
of our false might

I depended on the materials
always in a vice

So I'm back here again
in want

Where else would my material instincts
bring me

Giving up on materialism
and its fruit
that which breathes more material
and more material
endlessly
You can't quench the thirst
with materials
it always comes back again
So breathe with your soul
now realized as yourself
without realizing yourself
as soul
helplessness
in defeat of weakness
is inevitable

No comments:

Post a Comment