Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Vanity

I'd bite my tongue until it bleeds
For your material weakness
But I'd rather not fall for weakness
Rather than that
I'd tell the fallen
Be strong
As I wonder
Having seen such false glory
In myself
Could I properly be released?
Without uncovering the truth
That taking every inch of what doesn't belong to me
Metaphorically
And letting go
Because I saw the truth in my mind
After feeling the perfection of redemption
Somethings are a faith
That once gained
Can never be lost
But this weakness upon us
Is not set in stone
The realization of yourself
To set yourself free
One must realize the truth
Do not be proud of the sympathy
As one shares in the defeat
Not by material weakness
It will be by our righteousness
That we will be saved
The feelings which lead us into the true glory
That lead us into the power
Our weakness
They say one does not fall far from the tree
Well where then did the evil one fall
For i seek not to speak of such things
And some upon recognition
That they were created
Still boast of themselves
As I have and continue to boast
Know that the one inside, feeling the false glory
That is the boast
To that I will not give in
To glory in yourself
Is to glory in weakness
A vanity which is not becoming
If I hear the words,
Why has god abandoned me
I wonder how hard it would be for the abandoned to see
The truth in their material weakness
And in realizing themselves
See that a vanity was to abandon themself
And your god has no want
Of those who abandon what he has created
So do not in your abandonment
Further ask from vanity
A sign
The sign has been given to you
In your mind
You were given the ability
To tell right from wrong
Where the vain confusion
Set in
Unmindfulness
Wanton lust
Grew such unsightly fruit
To do bad and expect good to come from it
Is a mortal shame
Well then if I give you a sign
Have I not shown you the way
For the way is not in the glory of thyself
Rather in the strength
To not abandon creation
To a fantasy
Vanity constructs such a scene
A scene set for abandonment
You cannot hold on
To what you see
To each who suffers
May their strength not lie in vanity
And to each who suffers not
May their weakness give way to the way

No comments:

Post a Comment