Friday, August 6, 2010

Nectar of Devotion

Let me go from this place of lust and vanity
not out of desperation
or calamity
for although I was not born into peace
I will die in it

So let go of me
this place
burns its bridges
when the only thing burning me
is my passion

Hardly safe
without faith
I was born again
in faith
not in blood
and still it continues
the clouds moving like dust
the planet moving underneath
where I feel it not
but if it stops
I die
that's faith
the beauty is in the signs
given to you
to show you the way
take my efforts
and rebuke me for my selfishness
for I believe in the resurrection
you can say we are alive
but what keeps you so
time marches forward
not unlike an army
losing many along the way

I said let me go
and what I meant
was no tragedy
for in strength I shall perish
and be resurrected
and in weakness I shall
stand corrected

Perish not we cry
for the son of man was the last death of the faithful
all of faith shall have eternal life
the void may touch them not
and their pity does justice
to those in disbelief
a helpful sympathy
for you are untouched by the hands of god
besides your momentary faith in life
and the moment of your creation
will you remain untouched
or in faith will you live forever
what a silly thing to fear then
the intelligent know
fear nothing but your creator
or at least try
your efforts will bring you to paradise
and not a moment too soon
so put your mortal life on the line
and love god above all else
your mortality lost
in the nectar of devotion
salvation felt
you know I wouldn't bother
with anything else

No comments:

Post a Comment