Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Fancy

so here I am
as if something was missing
I take the things
for granted
which were given to me

addicted to the social
I am forgiven in my role
for your weakness
I give up on your strengths
because they were too much


so why don't you lie now
would it not be so much easier

and when they say "its all for you"
I can see it in their eyes
the passion we forgot
a passing fancy
one day
they will be missing from your life

I find inside me
the bliss of my natural self
and when the day comes
when the people you care about
are no longer there
what will you realize?

everything I worked for
means nothing without the truth

we fought for freedom
we fought for the truth
as our desires lost our path
in the heat of the moment
I found something deeper
something i can't seem to forget
or let go of
the signs of my god
show me what will never be
so I might as well be strong
as the words help me
I will not struggle with my god
for he knows the best
for me
and my weakness
found me on this path
and now that i'm here
I struggle with that which still confuses me
as more and more
becomes clear
the struggle seems to end
until I am missing
in my fancy
that which I desire
that which I tried to change
where did I charge myself
with so much illusion
I believed in an illusion
and suffered the consequence
and here I am
with my wits about me
still I cry

its just too much to not let out
and be over with
so I am thankful
free of some of this illusion
I won't try to change you
cause this game will try to change you
into a million things
but I refuse to take part in it

I want you to smile
to take your criticism with you as you go
to leave me as I am
to be faithful
to yourself
theres power inside you
and theres nothing inside me that wants to stop you
because of my beliefs
sometimes I smile
full of the love

this moment
is different in a million ways
from that which preceded it
yet my soul remains the same
indebted I am
to the cycle
and how will I pay for my sins?
with the currency of faith
in the names you know well
I won't mention them in this field of discourse
because I am of them
I have become their property
and you cannot have me
but for your vice
I feel sorry

I wasn't made
to become independent
and yes I care
that you were taught
that you gained your lessons
in this multitude
of foolishness
the authority parading itself
like the eating of beef
I see you for what you are
I watch what you consume
and I see what comes out of you
as you curse , and expect your faith to save you in the end
or perhaps thinking not of such things
you continue into the future

because this is your time
it is your chance
to take the road less traveled
as jesus said
few will enter the kingdom of heaven
you partake of the righteousness
do not assume you are saved
for you must be told such things
it is not for you to wonder about
i'll meditate
to find myself in bliss
in my natural state

eating not of the death
is your shelter
I havent been put here to prove
to you
if you can't open your eyes
and see
then your time
your chance
may come around again
it is not my choice

like I said
I hope you smile
cause the seriousness
has worn thin
and the drama that brought you up
in this culture

won't do a thing
except what it was meant to do
and now my needs have changed
so has my suffering

blame not those who follow
it's harsh weakness
the slander
the ancients have already
taught the way
its within your reach
you know it in your heart
as we reach out to another person

No comments:

Post a Comment