Tuesday, June 21, 2011

To the Spirit, I Hope, I Am Free

I look back on my scars
A spiritual conquest
Gone awry
And now the spirit resides
In whatever it touches
Through me I see
A primal destruction
Of whats wrong

A spiritual surrender
To the spirit of fate
Indistinguishable
From the spirit of
Our free will
Oh heavenly father
We seek to know

To surrender my will
Again I remember
A time when I was gone
From this place

And in my surrender
The spirit resides
My ego dies
A primal destruction
Again

The spirit of the modern world
Lifts me up
To the skies of a proper civilization
In spirit we fall
To be caught
And in the flesh
We are nevermore
Ourselves
Only a fault
And a feeling

The image of doubt
Was the image I thought
Again I surrender
To the spirit of defiance
To the petty indiscretion
I hope
I am free

No comments:

Post a Comment